Storage & handling:
- Store acrylic in a flat, cool, clean and protected environment
- Remove protective film immediately after installation, fabrication & prior to thermoforming.
- Rinse sheet with lukewarm water. Do not add cleaning agents or soap to the water.
- Using a soft, damp cloth or sponge, lightly wash to loosen remaining dirt and/or residue. Do not scrub or use brushes or harsh instruments.
- Repeat rinse with clean lukewarm water.
- Dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent water spotting.
Suitable cleaning agents are:
- Lukewarm water with a little washing-up liquid
- Isopropyl alcohol (2-propanol)
- Pure petroleum ether
- Soft, damp viscose sponge
- Soft, damp non-linting cloth
- Sponge cloth
- Chamois leather
- Glove-lining fabric
- Cotton tea-towel
- Shower squeegee with soft rubber lip
- Damp microfiber cloth for the final touch (e.g., Vileda® Microclean)
Abrasive cleaning agents should never be used for cleaning acrylic.
In the event of damage or heavy scratching AAT may be able to polish the panel to remove the scratches.